I'm already a big fan of YouTube, so getting to do a thing on it is fun. I got into the site this summer when I discovered the vlogbrothers, two brothers who post weekly video blogs, or vlogs. They have started a giant community of people, who watch and make videos, they have a record company that produces music exclusively from YouTube based artists, and orchestrate huge YouTube events. Since then, I've found lots of other channels I enjoy. The video below, was actually shown to me in a class just a couple weeks ago. It's a great speech by Sir Ken Robinson about how schools kill creativity. If you like it, click here for another speech of his turned into a clever animation.
I've also used YouTube as a classroom resource. I've created videos from clips of other people videos to make a short intro video for several different subjects. Below is one I made about plant life stages.
0 comments:
Post a Comment